The purpose of the aid program is to promote Australia’s national interests by contributing to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction. We will pursue this purpose by focusing on two development outcomes: supporting private sector development and strengthening human development.
- Infrastructure, trade facilitation and international competitiveness
- Agriculture, fisheries and water
- Effective governance: policies, institutions and functioning economies
- Education and health
- Building resilience: humanitarian assistance, disaster risk reduction and social protection
- Gender equality and empowering women and girls
The Australian aid program now focuses more clearly on our Indo-Pacific region. We have a sharper focus on our immediate neighbourhood—this is where we can make the most difference.
How to apply
Australian aid budget 2019-2020: https://dfat.gov.au/about-us/corporate/portfolio-budget-statements/Documents/2019-20-aus-aid-budget-at-a-glance.pdf